Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Servo auto bed levelling - Problems

Posted by bonze77 
Servo auto bed levelling - Problems
July 21, 2015 05:50PM
I am trying to get the auto bed levelling working but when i try to find the angle of the servo on pronterface it gives the wrong numbers - m280 s0 gives -53 then without moving the servo would change to 12 then go to -175 and randomly give out numbers also the servo wont move if i give it an angle - out of range - .

servo- sg90 (have tried changing the servo same problem)
ramps 1.4
marlin
Re: Servo auto bed levelling - Problems
July 21, 2015 06:32PM
You must use P0 with the command: m280 P0 S100
Use positive numbers only.

See this guide:

http://zennmaster.com/random-things/auto-bed-leveling-for-the-makerfarm-prusa-i3-part-3-final-setup

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2015 06:35PM by imqqmi.
July 21, 2015 06:44PM
]that is not with setting the angle it it when trying to find out what the angle is.

Screenshot attached

(p4 is the only number that has any details apart from the numbers set in marlin)
July 22, 2015 09:01AM
I'm not sure if reading the angle is supported, why do you need to? Setting the angle is all that matters, with a bit of trial and error. The servo isn't capable of reporting back the angle as far as I know. If it would work, likely all you'd get is the angle you've given in.

I've looked at the source code, it will give an out of range message if you set S but don't set P which is the servo index, usually servo 0.

If you just do m280 S4 without having configured 5 servos in marlin firmware (servo 0 is the first servo, and I think 3 or 4 is the maximum supported) you read a memory area that's being used by a completely different variable, hence the unpredictable numbers you see. the firmware nor C does any bounds checking. It just checks if the servo index is >= -1.

Anyway, you're not using the command as it was intended. I strongly suggest to use the guide by zennmaster to setup your abl servo.
July 22, 2015 09:14AM
Got it sorted now thanks for the replies
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login