Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

avrisp mkii programmer

Posted by ryan53090 
avrisp mkii programmer
July 11, 2015 06:12PM
all i had to do to finally have a working printer was to upload a new bootloader onto my rambo 1.2d. instead i accidentally plugged the avrisp mkii into the icsp pins connecting to the 32u2 chip for the usb. now my computer wont detect the board and my programmers red led just stays on indicating no target power. does anyone know how to reprogram/fix the 32u2 chip or know anyone i can work around it? i can send whoever helps me fix this some 16MHz oscillators, bag of 50 RGB leds, and an extra mega r3 clone i have. im desperate. ive had this prusa i3 since February and its been problem after problem, i dont give up and at least i've learned a lot though.
Re: avrisp mkii programmer
July 11, 2015 07:57PM
i also have an avrasp v2.0, does ayone at least know a way i can completely bypass the 16u2?
July 12, 2015 01:59AM
Have you tried reloading the 16u2 with the correct firmware?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 14, 2015 01:51AM
oh woops i was saying 16u2. its actually a 32u2 chip. i dont know how to install firmware onto it. ive looked everywhere online on guides, but none that really show me.
my avrisp mkii gets no target power when wired to the icsp for the mega2560. but it DOES get the green led for target power to light up when i wire it to the 32u2
July 14, 2015 01:59AM
You can program the 32u2 via its ICSP pins, that's what they are for. However, it sounds odd to me that the ICSP for the atmega2560 doesn't have 5V power on it. I suggest you investigate why not.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 14, 2015 08:52AM
I can't find anything explaining my problem anywhere. What software is best for noobs? Which is easiest? I can use either my windows 8.1 or my wife's macbook
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login