Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

finished building wilsom ts

Posted by stephenci 
finished building wilsom ts
July 06, 2015 08:18PM
So I finished building the wilson ts kit. I must say it looks good. but now on to the firmware which is totally a newbie for me here.

I installed latest arduino 1.6.5... and it gives me issue with not being able to update firmware even though I have manually point to the folder containing the driver. what arduino version everyone is using?

I also download Marlin. I zip the entire thing here https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin and I looked at the configuration.h here and is quite different than the one on Marty's github. do we just copy and replace all? or go one by one?

Thanks,
Re: finished building wilsom ts
July 27, 2015 12:58PM
I'm assuming your running a RAMPS board here.

The config.h will be specific for your model of printer, even then you will have to tweak it for your parts.

What is the error message when you try to upload the firmware? The console part of the arduino program should contain more detail. Also try uploading one of the arduino examples like blink to make sure it uploads OK. If you can't get that simple little one to go, no chance of the firmware. Always susspect the USB cable when having communication issues between the computer and a USB device.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2015 01:00PM by appdev007.
July 27, 2015 01:20PM
Managed to get it to work. Two issues to note, the latest arduino is giving me problem with driver installation on my win 7 machine so communication with the printer is no go. Found ver. 1.0.6 works better.

Now that it talks to the printer, I can't just copy and replace everything from config.h found in his github to the latest one. When compiled it would say error some num is not define somwhere else... Something along that line. So i just went line by line and it works
July 27, 2015 01:55PM
Yes even between different versions of the same firmware the configuration file can change because they added or removed values or change defaults. Probably unless the author specifically intended their configuration files to be the same as a different brand you'll never be able to copy configuration files between different brands.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login