Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ATX troubleshooting - Video

Posted by Sim0-n 
ATX troubleshooting - Video
July 04, 2015 10:56AM
Hi,

I've a issue with my reprap : everything is ok until I want to heat my heated bed, the printer instantly shuts down. There is no short, because as you can see i have directly plug the resistor on the Ramps to make sure there is no shorts. but it's the same.

To be more clear, I've recorded it : [youtu.be]

Here the caracteristics of my ATX

Any ideas ? I've already changer my RAMPS so that's not the problem...

Thanks and have a great day

Simon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2015 10:56AM by Sim0-n.
Re: ATX troubleshooting - Video
July 06, 2015 06:18AM
Sim0-n
Hi,

There is no short, because as you can see i have directly plug the resistor on the Ramps
What does that mean? Show us a picture.

I see you only have the hotend connected to D10 and power on the 5A rail. Where are you connecting the heated bed? Why is the 11A connector vacant?
I'm puzzled...

July 06, 2015 09:00AM
Yes, you need to hook up power to the second 12v port. Your supply says it has 8 amp 12 volt line and 1 14 amp12 volt line. you need to make sure that the 8 amp line is hooked up to the power port that controls the motors and the 14 amp line is hooked up to the power port that controls your heated bed. Then put another resistor on the heated bed port and repeat this test.

waitaki
Sim0-n
Hi,

There is no short, because as you can see i have directly plug the resistor on the Ramps
What does that mean? Show us a picture.

I see you only have the hotend connected to D10 and power on the 5A rail. Where are you connecting the heated bed? Why is the 11A connector vacant?
I'm puzzled...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login