Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LM8UU Printed or Bearings

Posted by Andreas15 
LM8UU Printed or Bearings
June 18, 2015 05:41AM
After looking on the internet a bit to see how good these LM8UU bearings actually are, I saw some posts on this forum about people printing them, but I never read anybody really saying it's better than the standard bearings?

I first wanted to take some cheap ebay bearing, but from whar I hear they are crap and make allot of noise. For my new project that I fully designed myself I use 8 LM8UU bearings and 4 LM10UU bearings, so I want them to slide smooth.

Would it be better to use printed ones than cheap ones from ebay? I can't spend 15$ a bearing on quality bearings. What's the lifespan of these printed ones compared to normal ones, Do they have allot more resistance, and the biggest question; do they affect print quality?

Thanks,
Andreas

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2015 11:15AM by Andreas15.
Re: LM8UU Printed or Standard?
June 18, 2015 06:00AM
If your printer already has those crappy lm8uu bearings, it is pretty difficult to print out good printed bearings. That is my experience.
I tried out several designs, and scaled them up or down by 5-10%, but they came out to loose or when the fit snugly, they cause alot of binding on my also cheap smooth rods.
End of the story, I bought another set of cheap lm8uu´s and selected the good from the bad.
-Olaf
June 18, 2015 06:14AM
I have another printer that I think could print it... It's not a reprap
June 19, 2015 05:41AM
Somebody that uses or used both the printer bearings (bushings) or the LM8UU bearings for 8mm rods? What do you like more?
Re: LM8UU Printed or Bearings
June 19, 2015 11:05AM
I like the cheap LM8UU's over Printed bearings. I might have gotten lucky with my cheap LM8UU's, as they've held up pretty well. The printed bushings took a bit of break-in to get to slide smoothly, then got pretty loose pretty fast... I like bronze bushings over cheap LM8UU's.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login