Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wrong voltage

Posted by wm228 
wrong voltage
June 17, 2015 09:28AM
Hi this is my very first 3d printer that i build ans it was a kit after littarly 10+ hours af building i plugged it in and al i heard was a little poof when i checked the power supply i saw it was on 110 v and i live in belgium (220 v ).
Any suggestions on what i should do?

Greets
Re: wrong voltage
June 17, 2015 09:56AM
Get a new power supply. It might be possible to repair the old one, but I don't recommend you try. It's probably a fairly standard LED power supply, in which case you should be able to pick up a replacement on eBay for about 25 Euros.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 17, 2015 10:00AM
Thanks do you think al the other components are also broken ore just the power supply?
June 17, 2015 10:06AM
wm228
Thanks do you think al the other components are also broken ore just the power supply?

Just the power supply.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

June 17, 2015 10:09AM
Thanks for the info
June 18, 2015 03:57PM
I ordered a new one so i took apart the old one rhe fuse didn't blow should i still not be worried about the other componens?
June 18, 2015 04:05PM
wm228
I ordered a new one so i took apart the old one rhe fuse didn't blow should i still not be worried about the other componens?

It's unlikely that the PSU will have delivered significantly more than 12V to the other components. If by "the fuse" you mean the one in the PSU, then I guess some other part must have fused first.

June 18, 2015 06:25PM
yes the fuse in the power supply is not broken hopefully al the other components are okay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login