Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thinking of building a printer? A mini-kossel? Prices and parts list here

Posted by thetazzbot 
Thinking of building a printer? A mini-kossel? Prices and parts list here
June 15, 2015 01:12PM
I went through Ebay to find all the parts needed to build a Mini-kossel.

I didn't necessarily go for the cheapest option. Many of these are parts I've already bought. When i shop on Ebay I try to look for "free shipping" or "shipping from the USA" as my primary starting point. A seller can hide some profit in their shipping, and I also like to buy from my home country if at all possible, even if it costs a bit more because who wants to wait 3 weeks. I also believe in contributing to my own economy if at all possible.

Here is the read only view of the spreadsheet on google docs

So if you're thinking of building a printer, whether it is a Kossel, or Prusa etc. Sourcing your own parts individually is probably not a smart way to go. Let me know if I missed any components or you think there is an error.

So save yourself some time and headache and just by from a reputable. Don't take chances on trying to squeeeezzze every dollar out and buying a cheapo kit from some unknown seller on ebay. Make sure they have solid reputation on ebay.
Re: Thinking of building a printer? A mini-kossel? Prices and parts list here
June 16, 2015 12:39PM
Almost everything is made in China so buying from China or buying from someone here is almost the same except the seller already bought the parts from a Chinese seller cool smiley
Buy a genuine Arduino board (Italy) from Amazon, I bought a ramps board from Spain (https://www.tindie.com/) and the quality was 10000% superior for the ones I bough at amazon and ebay and cost me only $25, rods buy from a American supplier, motors I bought 5 on ebay from an American seller but they are Japanese, so I paid a bit more but I bought better equipment ( I have a Folger Prusa so I will print the parts I need).
June 16, 2015 01:56PM
slanwar
Almost everything is made in China so buying from China or buying from someone here is almost the same except the seller already bought the parts from a Chinese seller cool smiley
Buy a genuine Arduino board (Italy) from Amazon, I bought a ramps board from Spain (https://www.tindie.com/) and the quality was 10000% superior for the ones I bough at amazon and ebay and cost me only $25, rods buy from a American supplier, motors I bought 5 on ebay from an American seller but they are Japanese, so I paid a bit more but I bought better equipment ( I have a Folger Prusa so I will print the parts I need).

I supose you bough this Ramps:
[www.tindie.com]
June 16, 2015 02:01PM
You can get good RAMPS boards and stepsticks in the UK from Think3DPrint3D too. The RAMPS has IRLB8743 mosfets, and the stepsticks are 4-layer A4982 types that have much better cooling than the usual Chinese A4988 ones.

However, I strongly recommend anyone building a delta printer not to use Arduino/RAMPS, because it has barely enough processing power for a delta, and only then it you tune the firmware correctly. The Duet electronics (also available from T3P3) and firmware are vastly superior. You get segmentation-free delta movement, 30-second delta auto-calibration, and a web interface.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 19, 2015 03:16PM
Yes and so far works without any issues.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login