Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z homing problem

Posted by Jasonerd 
Z homing problem
June 14, 2015 10:38AM
I am having a problem with my Z probe that I was hoping I could get some help with.

Keep in mind that it worked fine yesterday.

When attempting to print from the sd card, the printer will home X and Y, when homing Z the probe light goes off like it should, but doesn't trigger (tip slams into bed and keeps going until I power off.

I plugged it into the computer and connected to pronterface, a m119 doesn't report triggered when the probe is held to a metal object (led is off). If I manually home X and Y first, m119 will report triggered. Sending a g28 will auto home X and Y, but the Z axis fails again.

The probe appears to still work, it will trigger every time under very specific circumstances (manual home X and Y first).

Again, home and auto level worked great last night, and I am fairly new to this. I did update marlin 2 days ago, and am pretty sure I copied all of the settings right. (and made 2 successful prints)

if it makes a difference, I can't get the arduino update to verify the upload, which I haven't figured out either, but it everything seemed to work.

Thanks for your help, I am still new to this
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login