Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

converting Prusa i3 into a mendel max 1.5?

Posted by zastin17 
converting Prusa i3 into a mendel max 1.5?
June 05, 2015 01:08AM
So last year before Christmas I purchased a prusa i3 kit from replikeo. When I received the kit I assembled it and it was pretty smooth. I love my 3d printer allot. I use it all the time and I am always looking for ways to improve it. I decided that I was going to get the p3steel frame laser cut. That would cost around $160. After doing some research I saw the mendal max 1.5. it looked very sturdy and I love the way its built with no cable mess and horizontal y axis. I also was already going to purchase leadscrews for my printer. Overall I think that just taking most of the parts I have on my printer. Motors, extruder, end stops, Electronics wires.ECT I could built a mendal max for pretty cheap. Is this a good route. i'm in love with the mendel max's 1.5 design. I can also use my prusa i3 to print its future mendel max 1.5 parts before I assemble it. Is this a good idea or should I just get a p3steel. I was already planing on spending around around $200 on upgrades for the printer. I could also sell my prusa's frame and parts. replikeo uses injection molded parts so they would be easy to sell. I would source the parts on my own. I looked at the part list but its not specific on what I need. See [docs.google.com] Is there a better bill of materials.
Re: converting Prusa i3 into a mendel max 1.5?
June 05, 2015 01:17AM
and again I need to know if its worth it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login