Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y-Axis Stepper Grinding

Posted by Apple- 
Y-Axis Stepper Grinding
May 30, 2015 05:21AM
Hey, everyone. My only problem I seem to be having with my printer now is that my Y-Axis motor grinds quite badly when printing. Here's a video. It should be quite clear when the grinding is happening. It is much louder in person.

[www.youtube.com]

I can't think of any reason why this is happening. It is the biggest stepper motor, if that has anything to do with it. It doesn't have any effect on the prints, it's just extremely loud. Any help would be amazing!
Re: Y-Axis Stepper Grinding
May 30, 2015 11:34AM
Sounds like the bearings or a loose screw and rattling. My X-axis makes that noise when it needs some oil.
June 03, 2015 10:56PM
I had this once...is that motor hard\feel stuff to turn by hand when off? My belt drive gear was to close to motor housing and grinding and not moving freely. Loosened the screw...backed the gear away from housing a tiny bit and tightened. Idk how, but eventually it creeped towards the motor and started rubbing. Now the screw is super tight and doesn't move.

Just thought i'd offer my solution to my similar problem.
June 04, 2015 01:05PM
Apple-
Hey, everyone. My only problem I seem to be having with my printer now is that my Y-Axis motor grinds quite badly when printing. Here's a video. It should be quite clear when the grinding is happening. It is much louder in person.

[www.youtube.com]

I can't think of any reason why this is happening. It is the biggest stepper motor, if that has anything to do with it. It doesn't have any effect on the prints, it's just extremely loud. Any help would be amazing!

Whem mine made this sound it was a loose wire handle on one of the clips holding the glass to the heated bed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2015 01:05PM by Vanbot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login