Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder suddenly not working

Posted by Fizpok 
Extruder suddenly not working
May 22, 2015 05:15PM
I have Prusa i2, Arduino Mega + RAMPS.
It worked fine.
Then in the middle of a print extruder motor stopped.

Now, when I do print, both by USB from Repetier Host and from SD card, extruder motor does not work.
But when I use Repetier Host to do manual control, and tell it to extrude X mm of filament - it works fine.
Tried to change shield - same story.

What can it be?

Thank you.
Re: Extruder suddenly not working
May 23, 2015 01:44AM
What is the temperature of the extruder, when you try to print g-code?
There is a safety-value in marlin at 170°C IIRC. Below that point, you can´t extrude.

-Olaf
May 23, 2015 04:32AM
It is 240.
An update: the speed is not 0, it is slow, almost not existing, but it does spin.
And there are no "clicks", it does not skip steps.

I was thinking about ways of increasing torque, as I have a direct extruder. Maybe (but it worked before) it is not strong enough?
Will torque increase if I remove microsteps jumpers?
May 23, 2015 07:11AM
When it spins and the nozzle isn´t clogged, the only thing I can think of is a problem with the e-steps. Did you accidently change them?

I`ve seen my smart-LCD crash, after I switched on a HQI-lamp in the room. They are error prone and probably loose data?

Try M503 command and see what the e-steps are.
-Olaf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2015 07:15AM by o_lampe.
May 23, 2015 03:07PM
No. It changed in the middle of the print. And I re-uploaded the firmware.

Question: what is different between extruding via commands from SD card / Repetier "run job" and the Repetier's "extrude X mm" on the "manual control" page? Because }'extrude X mm" works, and during print job it does not.
May 23, 2015 04:58PM
Correction: I was able to recreate the problem in "manual extrude" mode.
So now the question is: how, in the middle of an extrusion, the speed can drop dramatically? By the speed I mean the rotation of a motor, even without the filament.
May 23, 2015 05:00PM
Fixed. The tiny bolt connecting the motor to a drive gear was broken smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login