Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Buyers Help *** New member ****

Posted by Odin 
Buyers Help *** New member ****
May 22, 2015 02:01PM
So lets gets this rolling! Im a long time fan of 3d printing for a few years and im just fascinated by the technology. Anyhow, I recently;y saved up enough money to purchase my first 3d printer. Being on a budget and also liking to build things with my hand I decided on a DIY kit would be the best fit for me. I scoured the internet for weeks search for the best bang for my buck and I finally thought i had found the rite one ! Decided [www.3dprintersonlinestore.com] looked like a solid company to make my purchase from . I was looking at their Migbot Ultra Prusa i3 Diy Kit that appeared to be a solid starter set to get my rolling. Everything after my initial purchased was just a horrible experience. The company claims to have a 5 day lead time but sadly 9 days after purchase i have still not received any tracking information in re-guards to my order. when contacting customer services that claim to be 24/7 is a lie. The phone number give only works half the time and same goes for their online chat. when finally makign contact when a person by the name of LEO its very clear to see that he is given me a run around with no real answers. SO after being forced to get a refund i am stuck here with no printer and a very sour taste in my mouth.

With that being said I am left to turn to the RepRap community in hope of helping a new member to join the team. Im eager to get started with printing but i also refuse to be taken advantage of. So if anyone has any suggestion or links from reputable companies/ people to purchase a part for a pursa i3 i would be so ever gratefully. Or if you have suggest for other solid diy start machine please let me know. As far as budget i am trying to say under / around $400.

Attached please see the corresponding email that I had with "leo"
Attachments:
open | download - leo 3d printers (3.4 KB)
Re: Buyers Help *** New member ****
May 22, 2015 02:04PM
Oh and if at all possible I would like to stick to us disturbers to avoid issues.
May 22, 2015 02:18PM
Well FolgerTech has a few printers that fit your bill. [folgertech.com] Please take the time to read the threads about these printers, there is a lot of documentation on the builds.
May 22, 2015 02:26PM
Definitely do a search on the forum here for the names of any kit suppliers you are considering. I got mine from Folger a couple of months ago. At the time they said the lead time to ship was 10 days. Three weeks later they still hadn't shipped and it ended up taking a full month for mine to get to me. And while you can get a more or less functional printer from the cheaper suppliers you'll probably end up replacing, or at least wanting to replace, many of the parts your kit came with simply because the low price means inferior quality for many components. I've already replaced my hot end, extruder, bed frame, bed leveling springs, LCD controller and end stop holders because they either broke or just weren't giving me very good results.
May 22, 2015 02:27PM
Vanbot
Definitely do a search on the forum here for the names of any kit suppliers you are considering. I got mine from Folger a couple of months ago. At the time they said the lead time to ship was 10 days. Three weeks later they still hadn't shipped and it ended up taking a full month for mine to get to me. And while you can get a more or less functional printer from the cheaper suppliers you'll probably end up replacing, or at least wanting to replace, many of the parts your kit came with simply because the low price means inferior quality for many components. I've already replaced my hot end, extruder, bed frame, bed leveling springs, LCD controller and end stop holders because they either broke or just weren't giving me very good results.
+1
May 22, 2015 02:31PM
Thanks for the speedy responses. Ill be sure to check out folger tech to see what they offer.
May 22, 2015 02:41PM
I have a +1 on Makerfarm printers. I have one and I know a guy at work here that has 3 others and they all work great!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login