Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folder Tech Kossel PLEASE HELP!!

Posted by seasidenj 
Folder Tech Kossel PLEASE HELP!!
May 20, 2015 11:24AM
I purchased the kossel kit a while back and am stumped! Every thing is fine until I get to step 15 in the configuration manual. Using the command G1 Yxx to find the print radius the print head moves to the back not to the front unless I input a negative number.
When I try the auto level command or a test print the print head goes all over and gets tangled up.
I tripple checked all my connections and reloaded the software.
I'm sure I'm missing something simple.
Can anyone help with some direction or area to look at.
Thanks in advance
Frank
Re: Folder Tech Kossel PLEASE HELP!!
May 20, 2015 11:27AM
seasidenj
I purchased the kossel kit a while back and am stumped! Every thing is fine until I get to step 15 in the configuration manual. Using the command G1 Yxx to find the print radius the print head moves to the back not to the front unless I input a negative number.

I don't know about the Folger kit in particular, but that sounds right to me and is what my Kossel does. Looking at the printer from the front, +Y is away from me and +X is to the right.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Folder Tech Kossel PLEASE HELP!!
May 21, 2015 02:36AM
seasidenj
When I try the auto level command or a test print the print head goes all over and gets tangled up.
I triple checked all my connections and reloaded the software.
I'm sure I'm missing something simple.
Can anyone help with some direction or area to look at.
Thanks in advance
Frank

You directions sound good to me as well, matches what mine does.

what do you mean by "goes all over and gets tangled up"?

"tangled up" makes me think your wiring is interfering with the effector, in which case you should be securing the wiring to the bowden tube so that it is not hanging loose over the build platform.

Otherwise, a video or a more detailed description would help troubleshoot.

I built my folger kossel according to the directions provided and it worked well, auto level was almost just like Johans in this video: [www.youtube.com]
One difference is that he is not using the servo auto level probe, so he must use the extra steps for deploying and retracting his probe.
I used the folger provided firmware, slic3r profiles, and I use pronterface to control the printer.

you might also check out the folger kossel 2020 thread in this same forum, lots of information.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login