Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Objects i print are very delicate and breaks off

Posted by dnukeg 
Objects i print are very delicate and breaks off
May 17, 2015 09:37PM
main reason i got one is to make parts for the quad copter i have instead of buying metal l brackets from homedepot. instead of building one out of scratch i bought a used MeCreator from ebay for $296,after fiddling with it or a day and finally reading the instructions online i got it to work. problem is the smaller items i print are extremely brittle,breaks off while taking it off the bed an i can almost crush them with my fingers. first thing i printed was a storm trooper helmet and it came out great and took a bit to break it off but it still broke off easily. when i print the temp is at 235 but it always gets set to 215 automatically and the bed is at 110 with the glass. the controller is a sanguinololu thinking t might be the problem so i have a ramps 1.4 on the way. so please can someone tell me what im doing wrong i uploaded the mecreator config file from there website to slic3r and repetier from there website with my printer listed on the settings. btw i attached the things i printed below
thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2015 09:38PM by dnukeg.
Attachments:
open | download - unnamed (1).jpg (15.7 KB)
open | download - unnamed.jpg (10.4 KB)
Re: Objects i print are very delicate and breaks off
May 17, 2015 10:11PM
What filament are you using? If PLA then your temp seems really high. PLA is also brittle.

Have you Googled "3D printing troubleshooting"?

There are a lot of things that can cause any one issue.
May 17, 2015 10:22PM
i looked saw a guide on reprap website and didnt help much. im using abs
May 17, 2015 10:31PM
Under extrudi g. In slic3r try upping the extrusion multiplier 5 percent at a time. another way is the extruder steps per mm calibration
May 17, 2015 10:32PM

when i print the temp is at 235 but it always gets set to 215

This is your problem, check the firmware for temp settings for ABS (usually at the bottom of configuration h)
Since it have a display, you might be able to change it there but need to activate EEPROM in firmware so you can save the changes via display.

Advise: the smaller the part, the lower the speed you will have to print it.
May 17, 2015 10:48PM
thanks all, i have to go to work ill try it tomorrow orning so slow speed and a little less heat got it
May 18, 2015 12:13PM
i tried setting up feedrate to 40 instead of 100 which is default and left flowrate at 100still get the same result
May 18, 2015 02:05PM
You're getting the same results because feedrate is not the problem. The problem is the temperature, 215 it's too low for ABS, specially if you are printing fast.

Lower your printing speed to 30 to 40mm per sec and increase temperature to 230.

At such lower temperatures ABS will have really bad to none interlayer adhesion.
May 18, 2015 02:12PM
Dnukeg post a screenshot of your begining Gcode.
I bet its set to 215c in the code and you just dont know it.
Bump up the temp or else you will not get far.
May 19, 2015 12:40AM
thanks lot for all the help and speciall not being dicks. i think i figured it out the whole time i was thinking it might be the control board but i think its all about setting the correct parameters in slc3r and im slowly getting there after reading few writeups and watching some youtube videos. looks like these things arent quite plug and play.but since i bought it should i keep the sanguinololu.if they produce the same quality idont have to go through the pain of re doing it
thanks
May 19, 2015 07:27AM
Settings i. Firmware dont matter. Its the slic3r settings that matter. You have first layer temp and after layer temps. 235 min for abs for hotend. 90 min for bed.

And i dont preheat so the firmwar settings do not matter for me. I let repetier do the preheat when i press Print.
May 19, 2015 10:52AM
whats the temp you use for abs and pla usually
May 19, 2015 11:20AM
PLA depending on quality and color between 190 and 215, bed at 70.

ABS between 235 and 245, bed at 110.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login