Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Compatibility?

Posted by fatesalign 
Compatibility?
May 17, 2015 08:39PM
Hello everyone. I'm sick of the constant issues I've had with my extruder, so I'm needing to upgrade. I was wondering how this wade extruder: [www.ebay.com]
attaches to my 3d printer. I just don't understand. I know my 3d printer isn't the typical i3 configuration for the x carriage, but there has to be something I can do.

Basically, I just can't print anything, so I have to get it all online.

Also, does anyone know if it would work with the e3d lite v6

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2015 12:28AM by fatesalign.
Re: Compatibility?
May 18, 2015 12:31AM
I'm thinking about flipping the metal piece around and drilling a hole in it for the extruder and 2 holes for the placement of the wade parts. Would that work?
May 18, 2015 02:24PM
Don't think it will work and the extruder You posted might work with an e3d hotend, but you will have to modify the plate on your printer.

If you flip the plate, you might have to cut one of the sides so it's shorter than the hotend. Get a piece of aluminum angle from a hardware store and drill the holes.

You might not be able to print, but if you design the part or get the proper STL file, you can get a local hub to print it for you
May 18, 2015 02:44PM
ggherbaz
Don't think it will work and the extruder You posted might work with an e3d hotend, but you will have to modify the plate on your printer.

If you flip the plate, you might have to cut one of the sides so it's shorter than the hotend. Get a piece of aluminum angle from a hardware store and drill the holes.

You might not be able to print, but if you design the part or get the proper STL file, you can get a local hub to print it for you

I really appreciate the helpful reply. I can definitely cut the aluminum side or get an angle from a hardware store. Then I can print a better fitting piece if it's not that great.
May 18, 2015 03:33PM
Did your hotend came with the aluminum mounting plate? The ebay extruder cannot hold the hotend by itself that's the reason for the 2 nuts at the bottom, be sure that you have it or get it with the extruder.

The main thing is to get the plate level with the carriage, be careful when drilling the holes.
May 18, 2015 03:37PM
ggherbaz
Did your hotend came with the aluminum mounting plate? The ebay extruder cannot hold the hotend by itself that's the reason for the 2 nuts at the bottom, be sure that you have it or get it with the extruder.

The main thing is to get the plate level with the carriage, be careful when drilling the holes.
Thank you. The image that I included is all I have for a mounting plate. I planed on drilling the holes out and removing that side panel. Is it possible to just purchase a mounting place?
May 18, 2015 03:57PM
[thingiverse-production.s3.amazonaws.com]

You need something like this in order to connect your e3d with the extruder. Basically you wI'll mout the hotend to this plate, the aluminum angle will be under it and the bolts will come from under the aluminum angle through the plate and into the extruder.

Let me know if I need to explain it better.
May 18, 2015 04:14PM
ggherbaz
[thingiverse-production.s3.amazonaws.com]

You need something like this in order to connect your e3d with the extruder. Basically you wI'll mout the hotend to this plate, the aluminum angle will be under it and the bolts will come from under the aluminum angle through the plate and into the extruder.

Let me know if I need to explain it better.
I've seen those on ebay. I think I understand. So they're specifically designed to attach the e3d to the wade extruder or they somehow attach to the x-carriage? Like I still need that aluminum piece I showed up top right? This just allows the e3d to work with the wade extrude instead of just a jhead?
May 18, 2015 09:21PM
They are designed to attach to the extruder, and the extruder should bolt to the carriage. So yes you still need a way to bolt the extruder to your carriage.

[www.thingiverse.com]

your aluminum angle piece will do the function of this part.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login