Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier - Emergency stop delay

Posted by Vanbot 
Repetier - Emergency stop delay
May 17, 2015 05:05PM
When I first fired up my printer and for weeks after that, the emergency stop button in Repetier would, when clicked, cause the print to immediately stop and my PSU to immediately power down (stayed on but output was minimal). Now, for some reason, when I click it, the printer just keeps going for several more seconds. I usually have to click it twice to get any kind of halfway quick response from it. And the fan on the PSU keeps running which makes me think the heat bed and/or extruder are still drawing power even after the motors have shut down.

Anyone know why it might have started acting like this?
VDX
Re: Repetier - Emergency stop delay
May 17, 2015 05:17PM
... seems, the stop is buffered - could be some sort of look-ahead, that isn't cancelled instantly ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
May 18, 2015 01:44PM
Can anyone else who uses Repetier comment? Does the Emerg button stop your prints immediately or no? I can actually hit the Emerg Stop button, disconnect Repetier from my printer, uplug the PSU, then plug it back in and whatever it was doing before I hit the Stop button it will just pick right up where it left off.
May 19, 2015 09:56AM
I can check when I get home today, our printer at work is in our office, but they;re doing asbestos removal 3 days this week. I believe it finishes whatever move it was sent last before stopping. So if the printer was told to move y+10, and you hit stop at y+5, it'll move the rest of the 5mm then stop. I could be totally wrong, but that's how Kill works.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login