Problem with endstops
March 24, 2015 08:08PM
Led pops up, but it shows always

SENDING:M119
Reporting endstop status
x_min: open
y_min: open
z_min: open

or opened, no matter if they are triggered or not.

Can someone help me

const bool X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; //

if i set then to true, it shows triggered no matter what i do.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (38 KB)
Re: Problem with endstops
March 25, 2015 12:37AM
here is your problem:

// The pullups are needed if you directly connect a mechanical endstop between the signal and ground pins.
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN

you need them like this

// The pullups are needed if you directly connect a mechanical endstop between the signal and ground pins.
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
March 25, 2015 11:18AM
After that, i still have no change on endstop status, i tested the endstops with a multimeter, they are fine, tested on another ramps, same problem.
March 25, 2015 10:18PM
I assume it's a 3 wire endstop? Vcc, Ground and signal. Cables are green red and black? Red=Vcc, Black=Ground and Green=Signal.

From edge of the Ramps board, first pin is signal. Second one ground and third Vcc.

Are the switches NO or NC?
March 25, 2015 10:35PM
Yes, they`re wired ok, but i dont know if they are NO or NC.
March 25, 2015 10:40PM
This is the endstops i use

[i00.i.aliimg.com]
March 26, 2015 04:53PM
That picture doesn't give me any info.

If when you connect a multimeter between black and green shows 0 then it's NC, if 1 then NO
March 26, 2015 05:03PM
Hi there, I (very new to 3d printing) have purchased a heacant rostock mini kit which i have assembled satisfactorily but am having major issued with the endstops and am hoping that someone can help.

I am using a RAMPS 1.4 with Marlin. Firmware is uploaded and the LCD is displaying sensible stuff and the menus all work.

When i issue a homing command, each axis moves a short distance in turn and then stops.

When I issue a M119, it tells me that all four endstops are triggered.

The microswitches have only 2 wires.

I foolishly thought that moving the connector one pin down might solve it but in fact it destroyed the arduino.

I have a new arduino now with firmware loaded but do not want to do anything that will kill another board.

Any help much appreciated

cheers

tanc
March 26, 2015 09:21PM
Black and green shows 0 when pressed
Red and green shows 1 when pressed
March 26, 2015 09:45PM
So if black and green shows 0 when pressed it means that on regular operations are NO, so without been triggered, between black and green you should see 1 .

connector should be red in one end, black in middle and green on the other end, if the red cable is in the middle (like in mine) swap red and black pins only at the connector that connects to the ramps board.
Facing the green to the edge of the ramps board connect the switch in the desired position (Max, Min) on Marlin invert the logic of that position it should be "False".

itanc999,

Yours are regular switches and cables should be red and black. Black for ground and red for signal, it might be different colors but BLACK is ground. Connect only the 2 last pins from the board on the edge, so last pin is signal "red" or whatever color and next pin is ground "black"
if M119 shows triggered change the logic of that switch from true to false or vice versa.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2015 09:54PM by ggherbaz.
March 27, 2015 07:45AM
thanks for the help, much appreciated.

i have discovered that the delta firmware uses the limit switch/mechanical endstops as max and not min. when i moved the connectors along one it homes nicely now.

my next problem is the extruder is turning backwards, can i simply turn the header round?

cheers again
March 27, 2015 07:56AM
itanc999
my next problem is the extruder is turning backwards, can i simply turn the header round?

Yes, just reverse the motor connector - with the power off.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 27, 2015 09:36AM
I have the tendency to keep all the connectors the same way, so I don't need to remember if this one goes this way that one that way, etc. If all your motors have red first keep it that way and just invert the direction in Marlin.
March 27, 2015 11:14AM
I'm having a weird issue with an endstop. My X endstop works, but the LED never lights up, I purchased another endstop and planned to using the bad LED one for an auto level design, however when I plugged the new one in, the LED doesn't work either. What would cause the LEDs not to work? I'm assuming something wrong with the cable or the board, but I'm not sure...
March 27, 2015 01:15PM
Between second pin (ground) and third pin (+) you should have 5 volts. If you don't the board have some issues.

Check your switches, someones like mine have Vcc in the middle.
March 28, 2015 03:40PM
EDIT: Wrong place , sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2015 04:34PM by Carlcox89.
March 30, 2015 10:12AM
Solved the problem, guys, it was a bad RAMPS board.

Thanks very much
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login