Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Holes in top layer with 1 filament only

Posted by supernielsen 
Holes in top layer with 1 filament only
March 19, 2015 03:31AM
Hello out there, i hope you once more can help me.

I have now fully calibrated my extruder and i am getting very fine print. I have tried a red and a purple filament and they are both very good they extrude/print very good.
Then i wanted to try and orange filament and thats a completely different story, after calibrating the multiplier i went from 0,8 to 1.25 with this to get the right perimeter thickness. It print okay in the first layer and the perimeters look fine.
However when i come to the top layer it gets a bit rough and in it there is some holes that sink into the infill.

The problem is only with this orange filament and not the others, its PLA and i am printing with 210 degrees celcius.

What to do?
Re: Holes in top layer with 1 filament only
March 19, 2015 07:00AM
210 is very hot for pla... I would try Turning it down to 199 after the first layer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2015 07:00AM by bassnfool.
March 19, 2015 12:58PM
You are adjusting the wrong setting, put the multiplier back to 0.9 and adjust the extrusion width setting. If nozzle is .4 use .46 if nozzle is 0.5 the go 0.60 on width. Increase solid layers on top use 4 to 6.
March 19, 2015 03:10PM
@ggherbaz No im not adjusting the wrong settings, i calibrated the multiplier so that it prints the perimeters in the right thickness..
On filament that worked it were 0,8 but with the orange filament it is 1.25
I tried all of tre above except extrusion width that is set to auto..

@bassnfool I Will try to lower the temperature to 200 and report back.. smiling smiley
March 30, 2015 11:08AM
the problem is not solved yet, the problem is exatcly the same.. ! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login