Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Strange Z-axis offset while moving towards X & Y axis

Posted by dkujovic 
Strange Z-axis offset while moving towards X & Y axis
March 08, 2015 05:57AM
Respected colleagues,

I have purchased and assembled my first 3D delta printer kit, and I have only a basic knowledge about this.

It is He3D DLT-180 delta printer with Repetier 0.91 firmware.

Everything is properly assembled and leveled and mechanics works OK, but there is one big issue:

When the nozzle travels from the print bead center (X=0, Y=0) towards X/Y axis ends, nozzle falls down from Z=12 mm to Z=0 mm (graphic attached). If the nozzle starts travel from Z=0 mm towards X/Y it hit almost immediately at the print bead surface.

I have also attached Configuration.h from Repetier 0.91 firmware.

Can somebody please help, because I have not a single clue how to solve this.

Thanks in advance.

With best regards,
Dragan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2015 05:58AM by dkujovic.
Attachments:
open | download - Movement Error.jpg (41.9 KB)
open | download - Configuration.h (20.4 KB)
Re: Strange Z-axis offset while moving towards X & Y axis
March 08, 2015 06:49AM
You have the diagonal rod length and/or the delta radius configured incorrectly in the firmware. I suggest you check the values you have them set to, and read about delta calibration.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 08, 2015 08:05AM
> You have the diagonal rod length and/or the delta radius configured incorrectly in the firmware.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I got this firmware and configuration with the printer kit.

I do not know what to change. The rod length is correct and delta radius is correct (measured with ruler).

What else could be wrong?
March 08, 2015 08:20AM
When I programmed board with EEPROM turned OFF in the firmware, nozzle move linear as expected.

When I programmed board with EEPROM turned ON in the firmware, nozzle move incorrectly as before.
March 08, 2015 08:34AM
SOLVED !

EEPROM data on the shipped PCB board was invalid. When I wrote data from Configuration.h in the EEPROM with Repetier Host Firmware EEPROM Configuration option, everything start to work OK.

Thanks for the help.

Maybe someone else will stuck with the same problem, and this post can help.
July 17, 2015 12:41PM
Cool. With that problem resolved, how are things now?

I have the same printer built from their kit. It works relatively well after swapping out stock hotend with E3D V6. However, I'm still having issues that Z level is not perfectly flat across the bed - the further away from the center it gets progressively lower - so for large prints the first layer becomes a problem.

Are you experiencing similar issues? I'm looking for a solution, perhaps might need auto Z level probing.

Also, the wheels they use for linear motion are quite bad. The bearings have too much slop and the linear motion is not perfectly linear on certain axis, and the effect can be seen on large prints with straight edges.
September 29, 2015 04:42PM
Hello dkujovic,

thank you for posting your issue and the fix. I'm having some trouble with this kit, apart from damaged items (a defective pulley), missing pieces (like 10 M5 screws), wrong stepper wiring and so on.. now I'm a bit stuck on a problem with the auto leveling. it seems like the auto leveling goes fine (it pinpoints the 9 spots) but then it makes a strange movement which scratches the print surface. could you please post the configuration for repetier host? thank you very much
October 01, 2015 04:52PM
pdev
Hello dkujovic,

thank you for posting your issue and the fix. I'm having some trouble with this kit, apart from damaged items (a defective pulley), missing pieces (like 10 M5 screws), wrong stepper wiring and so on.. now I'm a bit stuck on a problem with the auto leveling. it seems like the auto leveling goes fine (it pinpoints the 9 spots) but then it makes a strange movement which scratches the print surface. could you please post the configuration for repetier host? thank you very much

Sounds like your Z probe Z offset is incorrect. try to try the value up or down a .1 and see if that helps.

I started mines at .3 and i ended at .66
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login