Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mini Kossel, Z Probe Calibration. Crashing into the bed.

Posted by Dark Skunk 
Mini Kossel, Z Probe Calibration. Crashing into the bed.
March 07, 2015 07:15PM
I am still working on my Mini Kossel (MakerGeek 1/19/2015 with all the upgrades kit)

I finally got through the basic calibration to confirm the right amount of X, Y, Z movement. Now I'm struggling with the Z Probe.

1. Is there a way to test the Z Probe? I see the light turning off when it impacts the bed but it's certainly not an end stop like the pillars. Is it even working?
2. When I try the G29 Calibration is all started good but then it buries itself in the bed (and then I kill it). I can't get it to stop that. I'm working with the Blomker instructions, it mentions G28 which I ran first but I really did follow the other comments. I'm really not sure what to do from here.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm on 4th day that I though I would be printing. There's definitely some intricacies to get used to...

-Mike
Re: Mini Kossel, Z Probe Calibration. Crashing into the bed.
March 07, 2015 07:18PM
BTW: When I run the end stop triggers, I do not get a change from the Z. It's always open. Not sure if that's right. Can't tell if the Z end stop (which is sort of doesn't have) is equivalent to the Z Probe. I don't really get the difference I guess..
March 08, 2015 05:05AM
It sounds like a wiring or firmware issue to me. Either the Z probe output is not connected to the correct pin, or the firmware is not configured to look for the Z probe on the correct pin.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 08, 2015 09:13AM
How do I check either of those. I searched for an hour on both topics. For the zProbe, I double checked the wiring per the instructions. I get a light and it turns off. It's possible that 2 of the 3 might still be wrong but I kind of doubt it. I more suspect the firmware. I'm running 1.0.6. I am not showing the delta2 portion I have seen. Not sure how to get different versions.
March 08, 2015 09:45AM
I AM SO PLEASED.... I triple checked the wiring. No breaks but I found there were two pins flipped of the 3. Now she calibrates. Thanks so much for forcing me to re-check... On to the next steps...
January 09, 2016 02:10PM
Hey guys,

I also have a makergeeks mini kossel that I've been struggling with for about a year now (taking very long breaks) and currently am also running into issues with my Zprobe. When I run an M119 code into pronterface I see that the zmin is always "TRIGGERED" . When I try compressing the spring it still says this, and when I trip the sensor (the red light turns off) it will still say triggered. I believe that I have it wired up correctly, but Dark Skunk said the same thing and he found an issue with it too so I have my doubts. I have the same kind of sensor as the one you showed in your photo. I can't move forward to the calibration process with this issue so anyone have thoughts on how I can fix it? Dark Skunk, could you post a picture of your sensor (especially the bottom where the screw is supposed to trip it) and of your wiring as well?

Thanks!
January 10, 2016 09:17AM
PM Sent.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login