Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ormerod Z only goes in one direction - PCB damage pics need help

Posted by paulwootton7 
Ormerod Z only goes in one direction - PCB damage pics need help
February 09, 2015 03:02PM
hi guys,

so i already posted on this and another issue, sorted the other but still got an issue where the z axis only goes down, even when told to go up it goes down.

I have taken the duet out to have a close look and am positive its not a long pin or a short between solder

however i did find something interesting near the z axis area, i noticed some small silver pieces of what looked like metal, and on closer inspection on of the parts soldered to the board appears to have no solder on one end, quite possibly it has broken off, which might explain some of the metallic dust around that area.

anyway if anyone could look at the pic and give me their opinion that would be great, have contacted reprap but not had a response yet, and just want to get printing now.

VDX
Re: Ormerod Z only goes in one direction - PCB damage pics need help
February 09, 2015 06:16PM
... looks like bad soldering, but you can resolder this without problems by hand.

Seems to be a pull-up-resistor -- this can explain the inability to change the direction, if it's assigned to the DIR-pin ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login