Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

z endstop issues

Posted by hillybilly52 
z endstop issues
February 08, 2015 05:40PM
HI,

I'm trying to calibrate the z home position on my prusa i3. However once the endstop is switched it appears to latch on and I cannot move the z axis below this position manually (even if the endstop is moved out of position). If I hit the z home button it does drive below this point but, but it is too fast to actually be used to sensibly position the printhead. Any suggestion as to how to get around this to get a sensible calibration.

Cheers

Hillybilly52
Re: z endstop issues
February 10, 2015 12:57AM
Don't know enough about code to know if there is something I'm missing as far as calibration but I assume (being fairly new to this) that like I most people position their build plate (to the nozzle) after z home endstop has been engaged. Leveling 4 corners and all. Am I wrong about that guys?
February 10, 2015 11:58AM
I move the Z axis up 1 or 2mm, then use the home button to see where it ends up. It's time consuming, and annoying, but I hope to make it less so when I can stop guessing as to exactly how far I've moved the switch. sad smiley
February 10, 2015 12:08PM
You can run M114 in G-Code to check where the printer thinks the nozzle is located. This will help diagnose what's going on...

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login