Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Convert Prusa Mendel to other RepRap model

Posted by dwm.cadman 
Convert Prusa Mendel to other RepRap model
February 07, 2015 03:24AM
I have a Prusa Mendel with a 16"x16"x8" build envelope that was given to me. It's not very well built but motors and electronics look ok. I haven't fired it up yet. I'd like to either get this into good working order and print parts for other builds or scavange the good parts from it and build something known to be a sturdy and reliable machine. I want to spend my time designing and printing more than fixing one all the time.

Any recommendations?
Re: Convert Prusa Mendel to other RepRap model
February 07, 2015 01:29PM
Well, actualy you've got a printer. Maybe this machine can print pretty well. Make it work at its best, and learn what 3Dprinting is all about. It's not waisting time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2015 01:32PM by Zavashier.

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
February 07, 2015 09:14PM
Prusa's have a reputation of being a great printer. Mine is a work horse with over 600 print hours on it. It cranks out some fine prints. I'll never get rid of it
February 08, 2015 01:35AM
get the Prusa working in good order!!!! You can print another later on, but you'll be without a paddle if you cannibalize it right away.
February 10, 2015 07:45PM
Thanks guys. I'm going to get this rickety thing running. Since it was free, it will be easier to swallow the cost if I blow it up.

I'm going to post a rebuild project thread in the Prusa Mendel forum "Rebuild Project PM161612". Please help out if you can.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login