Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arduino 2560+Ramps 1.4 failed to start

Posted by kelvinlg 
Arduino 2560+Ramps 1.4 failed to start
January 14, 2015 08:22PM
My Kossel Mini used to work with the above electronics but it somehow failed to start up suddenly. When it is powered up, the LED1 on ramps blinked twice and there LCD no loner lights up. I tried to download the firmware again but my computer can no longer connects to it. Even I unplug all the sensors, motors, peripherals, the board is not responsive. I have also tried switching to USB power source with no luck. However, the arguing board does seems to work as I can download firmware to it if the ramps board is unplugged.

I guess the ramps board has failed and I wonder if there are anything to check or potentially fix? I have test the two fuse and they look fine.

On the other hand, I was wondering if my 12V power adapter has cause the isse. I tested it with my multimeter and it is outputting something at 14.x V. Will this cause and issue to the boards?
Re: Arduino 2560+Ramps 1.4 failed to start
January 15, 2015 08:39AM
So, your Arduino will connect to the computer via USB if the RAMPS board is removed, but if the RAMPS board is attached to the Arduino (with everything else unplugged) the Arduino doesn't connect?

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
Re: Arduino 2560+Ramps 1.4 failed to start
January 15, 2015 09:00AM
Yes, that's right
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login