Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X-axis optical endstop failure

Posted by Unbre 
X-axis optical endstop failure
January 06, 2015 06:28PM
I'm trying to run my Prusa Mendel i2 , everything seems to work except for the optical axis X endstop.
When the extruder approaches to the X's endstop the LED blink but the extruder does not stop.
I tried to exchange the endstop with the Z-axis one, but nothing has changed, so I think that the problem comes from the firmwere, is this possible?

//#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS 
const bool ENDSTOPS_INVERTING = false;

const bool DISABLE_X = true;
const bool DISABLE_Y = true;
const bool DISABLE_Z = true;
const bool DISABLE_E = false;

const bool INVERT_X_DIR = false;
const bool INVERT_Y_DIR = false;
const bool INVERT_Z_DIR = false; 
const bool INVERT_E_DIR = false;

#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1

const bool min_software_endstops = false;
const bool max_software_endstops = true; 
const int X_MAX_LENGTH = 205;
const int Y_MAX_LENGTH = 205;
const int Z_MAX_LENGTH = 57;

I no longer have any idea on how to solve this problem , any help is widely appreciated , thank you very much confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2015 06:28PM by Unbre.
Re: X-axis optical endstop failure
January 06, 2015 10:20PM
Your codes seem fine. Are you using RAMPS? If you are, double check which pins you plugged it into. The x-endstop is the second set of pins. I remember having this problem until I saw that mistake on mine.
January 07, 2015 10:25AM
I use Ramps 1.4 with Arduino Mega 2560, I've connected the endstop to the "x-" pins.
Sending M119 it always show x-min:L also when endstop's LED turns up.

January 07, 2015 01:05PM
In your printer settings in repetier or pronterface, do you have the X setup as max or min? whatever you have setup for the endstop should follow you setting. If it's supposed to be your max, then you should put the pins in the "+" side.
January 07, 2015 02:09PM
I didn't find any endstop settings in pronterface, but I tryed to put the pins in the "+" side and pronterface does not respond on X-Home's button pressing, so I think to have pronterface X setup as min.
January 07, 2015 11:43PM
Unbre
I didn't find any endstop settings in pronterface, but I tryed to put the pins in the "+" side and pronterface does not respond on X-Home's button pressing, so I think to have pronterface X setup as min.
Now you got me stumped. Have you tried using repetier to see if it works any better for you?
January 08, 2015 06:03AM
I had better results while turning optical endstops into "always on mode".

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
January 09, 2015 08:43AM
Nothing changed using Repeiter

Zavashier
I had better results while turning optical endstops into "always on mode".
What do you mean? How can I do that?
January 09, 2015 09:42AM
Well I'm not in front of my reprap at this time, so I won't be able to report my settings. There's two ways to wire otpical endstops, and set'em up on Marlin. Feedback when the light beam is cutted, and feedback when the light beam passes. Then use the correct Marlin setting on lines :
// The pullups are needed if you directly connect a mechanical endswitch between the signal and ground pins.
const bool X_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstops.
const bool Y_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstops.
const bool Z_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstops.
//#define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS
I'll be able to tell the correct settings later if you don't find until this evening.

Collective intelligence emerges when a group of people work together effectively. Prusa i3 Folger (A lot of the parts are wrong, boring !)
January 12, 2015 07:02AM
I'm using Sprinter, the nearest thing is:
const bool ENDSTOPS_INVERTING = false;
Setting it true x-min become H and keep always H so the axis move in only one direction, as aspected.

I tryed to uncomment the pullups definition
#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS
And somthing changed in the good direction, when the endstop is trigged sometimes it return x-min: H and sometimes x-min:L.

It seems to work like that: if I move x to home it will give me x-min:L, if, with the endstop already trigged (and the x-min:L), I move y or z to home, than x-min become H... I hope I explained correctly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login