Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SainSmart LCD Smart controller Button Use

Posted by AquaticsLive 
SainSmart LCD Smart controller Button Use
December 10, 2014 10:54PM
I installed a SainSmart LCD Smart controller 12864 and wondered what the button is suppose to do. I might have a bad board, I am not sure. Anyhow when I click the button nothing seems to happen, but it disables me from using the knob. I have to reset power to the system to regain control. Really am just curious of it use, I removed the piece from the cover so I don't accidentall push it for now.
Re: SainSmart LCD Smart controller Button Use
December 11, 2014 06:33AM
Its working fine.
Its an emergency stop button.
If something is going seriously wrong with the printer, for example the hot end being forced into the bed.
You can press the button and everything stops.

And yes you have to reboot the board to start it again.

Gordon
December 11, 2014 06:34AM
Do you have it configured as an emergency stop in your firmware????? winking smiley
December 11, 2014 08:20AM
I just selected the correct version of the display in the firmware and uncommented the line that selects that display.
There was no option, that i saw, to change the action of the button.

Gordon
December 11, 2014 07:31PM
Bummer, I was hoping that button would be set-up to do reset or something useful. Emergancy stop I already set up with made my power switch use a big push in to turn off twist release to turn on.

Maybe I can edit the Arduino for the button, need to look through the code to find the thing though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login