Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

no D9 and D8 output

Posted by rich1812 
no D9 and D8 output
December 09, 2014 11:13PM
Hi I am so very close to finish building this printer! smiling smiley
Because of the lack of instruction and my lack of knowledge, it takes a lot longer to build it. But in the process, I learn a lot and I am loving it!

The final question I have now is that I am not getting any output from D8 and D9, I am using Marlin's downloaded from Google, I am not sure which line to change.

Also, the fan wires on the extruder, where do they connect to? I suppose to D9, but I am not getting any output from D9.

Thank you in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2014 11:25PM by rich1812.
Re: no D9 and D8 output
December 10, 2014 06:14PM
It depends on what you're trying to run from D8 and D9. If you take a look at Configuration.h, you'll see a section where you select the board. Board numbers 33, 34 and 35 are where you choose what you're going to do with the outputs. Unless you're running two extruders, use 33.

If you don't have thermistors connected, you won't be able to drive the heated bed, as Marlin protections to stop it overheating and burning out. Look further down in Configuration.h to select the correct thermistor types for your setup. You'll typically be setting TEMP_SENSOR_0 for the hotend and TEMP_SENSOR_BED for the heated bed.

Unless you have two extruders, you typically use D9 to drive a fan you use to cool the extrusion for PLA (not used for ABS). If you have an all-metal hotend, this will have a fan used to cool the upper section and stop heat creeping up the hot end. This fan should be always on, so should be directly connected to your 12V power supply.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
Re: no D9 and D8 output
December 11, 2014 07:23AM
3dkarma
Unless you have two extruders, you typically use D9 to drive a fan you use to cool the extrusion for PLA (not used for ABS). If you have an all-metal hotend, this will have a fan used to cool the upper section and stop heat creeping up the hot end. This fan should be always on, so should be directly connected to your 12V power supply.
When you print ABS with a full-metal hotend you can use this in Marlin or Repetier also for cooling. I use 34 in Marlin (Extruder, Extruder, heatbed) and in adv_config.h i put pin 9 for the hotend-cooling. Now the fan activates when 50° is reached.

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login