Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MakerFarm Prusa i3 8" Threaded Rods

Posted by AJMetal87 
MakerFarm Prusa i3 8" Threaded Rods
December 05, 2014 05:53PM
My rods somehow got stripped and I need to replace them. Neither I or Colin are able to find or get replacements. Does anyone know where I can find these? Thanks!
Re: MakerFarm Prusa i3 8" Threaded Rods
December 05, 2014 06:28PM
how about the eBay vendor who sells the folger i3 kit? $10 USD for what looks like the whole set...
December 05, 2014 06:37PM
SupraGuy
how about the eBay vendor who sells the folger i3 kit? $10 USD for what looks like the whole set...

That's 8mm, the topic starter is looking for 8" (inches) or it's a mistake and he means 8mm! Then indeed, Folger might be good. However, I am using stainless steel 5mm threaded rods, and they work better than the usual galvanized ones I used before. Sadly, this was from the local hardware store so no address for you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2014 06:38PM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
December 12, 2014 02:31PM
The rod length isint a big deal. I can just cut them. According to Colin's build manual, which is the only information I am able to go off of as far as the rods specs is that they are M5 threaded rods...Thanks for the suggestion though. I need to keep it the same as the originals.
December 12, 2014 04:50PM
You can get M5 threaded rods from Mcmaster-carr all day long. I just looked and you can even get 316 stainless rod 1 meters worth for under 10 bucks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login