Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where can I get perforated board?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Where can I get perforated board?
December 03, 2014 10:55PM
Hello,

I have been looking around for a long while now, for large enough perforated board for the printer I am making. The heat bed that I am wanting to cover in a perforated board is 214mm x 214mm. Can anyone suggest where I would find any?

Cheers.
Re: Where can I get perforated board?
December 04, 2014 01:11PM
Are you just looking for the fibreglass board with 0.1" spaced holed drilled through it, or the stuff with copper pads on those holes? I know that I have several pieces of each more than large enough to cover that size heated bed, but since I picked that up at a local Active Electronics, and at that, several years ago that's probably not helpful.

Off the top of my head, I'd look at digikey, mouser, newark.

Here's a short search at Digikey, filtered for general purpose breadboard, 2.54mm (0.1") hole spacing, 10" by 10" size...
Anonymous User
December 04, 2014 05:51PM
Thank you,

I now at lest know of a page that sells the right size stuff. It is a little step though. Is it normal having to pay 68.82 canadian money (Which is 72.18 Australian cash) for only two boards?
This is the board that I was looking at.
http://www.digikey.ca/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2014 05:52PM by AnotherORC.
December 05, 2014 12:10PM
I didn't know where in the world you are. If you're an Aussie, I'd probably look at Jaycar's Aus site. I've bought a bunch of stuff from Rod Elliot's DIY audio circuits site which comes from that part of the world, and that's one of the suppliers that he often cites for part numbers to populate his boards. Might be cheaper, but it'd definitely be less shipping.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2014 12:17PM by SupraGuy.
Anonymous User
December 07, 2014 10:25PM
I have all ready had a look at Jaycar, but was unable to find any thing large enough. Perforated board is the best way that I have been able to find so far that is efficient. Is there another way to make so that ABS can stick to a heated platform , not using tape, or hair spray? I would prefer not having to do that, because in the long run you will save a lot more on printing, using the perforated board. (Also know as PCB board, I think)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login