Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When buying on ebay READ READ READ the description

Posted by Wpflum 
When buying on ebay READ READ READ the description
November 28, 2014 10:09PM
Just managed to screw myself, and yes it was almost all of my own fault, almost.

I want to try auto leveling on my prusa i3 and eventually want to use a Capacitance Proximity Sensor instead of a mechanical switch, bleeding edge and all that. I've been watching ebay for such a sensor and thought I had found one for auction with free shipping from China so being cheap and not in a hurry I bid the minimum bid of 8.99, seemed reasonable and the picture looked just like the ones I'd seen out on the web. Well after 5 days it turns out I was the only bidder and won it for the 8.99, I thought great something to play with in a month or so when I decide to try and do auto leveling. Well today it came in the mail, all 7.5 x 4cm/3'' x 1.6 of it, definitely not what was pictured on the auction. This thing is almost as heavy as the direct drive extruder itself and no way was I going to add that to the extruder. I was getting ready to request a refund because of getting the wrong thing, it happens especially with high volume sellers, when I realized the part number on the sensor matched the part number on the auction. After reading all of the description, including the small text describing the size I realized that the picture was not what was described and that since it was my fault I didn't double check the size I was the one who screwed up. BUT I am left wondering why they used a picture of a similar but much smaller sensor, perhaps they are aware that the 3d printer crowd is starting to look at using such sensors and are stupid enough to buy based on a picture and not the actual dimensions. sad smiley

Just thought I'd vent.
Re: When buying on ebay READ READ READ the description
November 29, 2014 01:01AM
It's deceptive and I would want a refund.

If the picture doesn't match the item, it is just as bad as incorrect text.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login