Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DiyTechShop i3x wiring issue

Posted by skilled 
DiyTechShop i3x wiring issue
November 26, 2014 01:12PM
Hope this is the right section if not, feel free to move it. I have finished all of the mechanical part of this printer, and i am now on to the electrical part. They send wire extenders for the motor wires to reach the board for power and what not. The extenders with 4 prongs and wires, red, black, blue purple. The motors are 6 wires 2 red 2 yellow and 2 black. How am i supposed to wire these? Keep in mind this is my first EVER printer build, and my first time posting on this forum.
Re: DiyTechShop i3x wiring issue
November 26, 2014 07:00PM
If you have a multimeter, there's some info on the reprap wiki regarding wiring 6-wire stepper motors [reprap.org]. If that doesn't help, have you tried asking DiyTechShop?

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
November 27, 2014 09:00AM
3dkarma
If you have a multimeter, there's some info on the reprap wiki regarding wiring 6-wire stepper motors [reprap.org]. If that doesn't help, have you tried asking DiyTechShop?
I have and that was last Monday, so it seems they really can't be bothered.
November 28, 2014 08:27PM
Skilled,

The kit should have come with a wiring diagram. I dealt with this a while back -- see this thread: [forums.reprap.org]

Good luck! I have my DIYtech printer running right now, they're great machines once you get it tuned up!

- Poly
November 29, 2014 06:38AM
Polymathiae
Skilled,

The kit should have come with a wiring diagram. I dealt with this a while back -- see this thread: [forums.reprap.org]

Good luck! I have my DIYtech printer running right now, they're great machines once you get it tuned up!

- Poly
I checked that out thanks a lot man!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login