Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pronterface seems to react wrongly to manual extrusion command?

Posted by homecore 
Pronterface seems to react wrongly to manual extrusion command?
November 10, 2014 08:38AM
Hi guys,

I'm trying for the millionth time to callibrate my extruder. I just noticed that when I change the 5mm extrusion value in pronterface to, say 100mm...my printer doens't seem to extrude much longer than with the 5mm setting...what could be the reason here? The text monitor field does say "extruding 100mm of filament" though, but the extrusion time does not seem to change??

Hoping for you help,

greetings,
Re: Pronterface seems to react wrongly to manual extrusion command?
November 10, 2014 09:34PM
Sounds like it's way out of calibration.
November 11, 2014 05:34AM
well it must be, but for me to be able to callibrate, I must get a consequent result from each command I give to the extruder.

If I set it to extrude 5mm first
And then to extrude 10mm...well this second time the extruder operation time should be double the first, right?

and for some reason that does not happen...can anyone guess what causes this? The only thing I came up with is that Pronterface télls me it extrudes 10mm, but only gives a command for 5??
November 11, 2014 07:48PM
Triffid hunter calibration guide has the formula for extruder (and all other) steps. If youre doing it for the millionth time however there is something structurally wrong with your frame. are the belts and pulleys tight?
November 12, 2014 03:25AM
Hey Sungod3k,

There is nothing wrong with the frame. Let me put it this way:

I can leave the pronterface field on the default 5mm and press the 'extrude button' 4 times. The result = 20mm
I could also fill in 20mm and press the button once. The result seems to be only 5mm

==> the results are not the same, it seems like pronterface remembers the first value used and ignores the second value I fill in.
November 12, 2014 04:26AM
homecore
Hey Sungod3k,

There is nothing wrong with the frame. Let me put it this way:

I can leave the pronterface field on the default 5mm and press the 'extrude button' 4 times. The result = 20mm
I could also fill in 20mm and press the button once. The result seems to be only 5mm

==> the results are not the same, it seems like pronterface remembers the first value used and ignores the second value I fill in.

Why not try using Repetier Host and see if it is the same that should/will prove which is at fault.

HTH

Doug.
November 13, 2014 03:27AM
You have to tab to a new field for the new value to take effect.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login