Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis homes but doesn't move otherwise

Posted by ShadowE 
Z axis homes but doesn't move otherwise
November 05, 2014 04:27AM
I've been going mad trying to figure out why it is exhibiting this behaviour.

The z axis homes but when I try to get it to move using the arrows around the target in Pronterface it doesn't move at all. Sometimes it gives a bit of a jerk but doesn't actually move.

I have a Prusa Mendel i2 and I'm using RAMPS 1.4 with stepstick drivers. I'm using Slic3r and Pronterface to operate the printer. The Load Voltage to the driver is 12.34 V and the logic supply voltage is 4.97 V. The current is within the recommended range.

I tried to see if it is the driver issue by using other drivers but the same problem occurs. When I connect the z axis motors to the y axis driver they work as they should.
All the other drivers and motors are working perfectly.

I'm at the end of my tether. Anyone have any ideas?
Re: Z axis homes but doesn't move otherwise
November 05, 2014 05:01AM
ShadowE
I've been going mad trying to figure out why it is exhibiting this behaviour.

The z axis homes but when I try to get it to move using the arrows around the target in Pronterface it doesn't move at all. Sometimes it gives a bit of a jerk but doesn't actually move.

I have a Prusa Mendel i2 and I'm using RAMPS 1.4 with stepstick drivers. I'm using Slic3r and Pronterface to operate the printer. The Load Voltage to the driver is 12.34 V and the logic supply voltage is 4.97 V. The current is within the recommended range.

I tried to see if it is the driver issue by using other drivers but the same problem occurs. When I connect the z axis motors to the y axis driver they work as they should.
All the other drivers and motors are working perfectly.

I'm at the end of my tether. Anyone have any ideas?

Check your endstops (M119 command) if your max endstop is defined and active then you can't move towards it likewise with the Min endstops you may have to invert one or more of them.

HTH
Doug
November 05, 2014 05:11AM
M119 command returns this:

>>M119
SENDING:M119
x_min:L y_min:L z_min:H z_max:H

To invert the max endstop do I have to change it in configuration.h? Which lines should i bee looking at?
November 05, 2014 05:39AM
ShadowE
M119 command returns this:

>>M119
SENDING:M119
x_min:L y_min:L z_min:H z_max:H

To invert the max endstop do I have to change it in configuration.h? Which lines should i bee looking at?

Which Firmware are you using I'll assume for now it is MARLIN in which case you need to look for something like in the attached snippet.
Attachments:
open | download - Capture1.JPG (121.4 KB)
November 10, 2014 01:49AM
Sorry about the late reply. my laptop died sad smiley

I'm using Sprinter firmware.
November 10, 2014 02:17AM
check you feed rates, the default feed rate in most software is far to fast for the hardware

try a "g1 z10 f120" move z to 10 at 2mm/sec (120mm/min)

If that works... its your feed rates.. update your max feed rates in your firmware/eeprom with lower numbers, so that gcode can't exceed it.
November 10, 2014 02:39AM
i found the error and fixed it. Thank you for helping me! smiling smiley
November 10, 2014 02:40AM
The error was in the sprinter setting I played around with. Apparently I played around with them too much
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login