Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Melzi MOSFETs

Posted by Rich K. 
Melzi MOSFETs
October 10, 2014 11:48AM
The Melzi board I plan to use in my Mendel90 is a Chinese board by ElecFreaks. Turns out it was one of their older production boards that had 10K resistors in the thermistor circuits (they have told me that their latest production boards have corrected this fault). I managed to replace them with the correct 4.7K resistors (which were cheap enough, just a bit of a PITA working with tiny SMD components like that). The MOSFETS have heat sinks on them, so I was unable to identify them, but the manufacturer told me they are FDD8580's. I will be using a hacked 600 watt ATX PSU (modded per Nop Head's instructions), and a Mk2B heated bed running on 12 volts. Are FDD8580's up to the task? Or will I likely end up letting out the "magic blue smoke"?
Re: Melzi MOSFETs
October 11, 2014 06:00AM
They look fine to me. The things to look at on a MOSFET are the current rating and the Rds. Multiply the Rds by the square of the current to give the power dissipation. If people don't want to mess with soldering smd resistors then 10k and 82k can be added in parallel externally to 10k to give 4.7k.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login