Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Upcoming Catastrophe, Z-axis nut falling out!thumbs down

Posted by Archelon 
Upcoming Catastrophe, Z-axis nut falling out!thumbs down
August 15, 2014 08:28AM
Hey Arduino Folks!
I'm in some trouble, some say "don't fix it if it's not broken" but I feel this is an upcoming catastrophe.
So, as you can see in my pictures my Z-axis nut, which the Z-axis rod runs through, is almost falling out. This has happened before and I have managed to glue it back in its place.
But I need a better solution. Is there any other way than having to remove the WHOLE x-axis and then change that part? 'cause that would take a long time...
I really need your sharp minds to figure this out, thanks guys!
By the way, the first picture is the nut in its "normal" state and the other picture is me pushing the x-axis upwards.
Attachments:
open | download - IMAG0680.jpg (563.2 KB)
open | download - IMAG0681.jpg (546.9 KB)
Re: Upcoming Catastrophe, Z-axis nut falling out!thumbs down
August 15, 2014 11:22AM
Since you don't want to replace the part, and have already tried glue. I would suggest printing some "c washers" to go on either side of the nut. Either glue, melt, or bolt them in place. You can also just melt some plastic to go over the tops. But keep it away from your Z rod.
August 15, 2014 01:50PM
Try mount the x-axis upside down (like it should), then the weight of the x-axis presses on the nut and push it into place.
August 16, 2014 04:48AM
gforce1
Try mount the x-axis upside down (like it should), then the weight of the x-axis presses on the nut and push it into place.

This. The top (currently bottom) side should have a hole just big enough for the threaded rod so that the nut won't pass through and can support the weight of the x-axis assembly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2014 04:48AM by alvinhochun.
August 16, 2014 09:04AM
Like this:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2014 09:05AM by gforce1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login