Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ultimaker Shield on non-Ultimaker machines

Posted by sungod3k 
Ultimaker Shield on non-Ultimaker machines
August 13, 2014 01:32PM
Hey,

I´ve just stumbled upon then Ultimaker 1.5.7 Shield and weighing it against the RAMPS. Anyone here ever used it on a non Ultimaker machines. [reprap.org]

Pricewise its very similar to the ramps and I think they dont differ to much, any obvious issues I might have overlooked?
Re: Ultimaker Shield on non-Ultimaker machines
August 13, 2014 03:00PM
I didn't read everything to check, but my first questions: Can it support whatever firmware you need? You'll have to upload new firmware in order to apply it to a different movement mechanism. What about number of sensors and types of outputs? Does it support your power requirements and number of powered parts?

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
Re: Ultimaker Shield on non-Ultimaker machines
August 13, 2014 04:42PM
Can it support whatever firmware you need? - Yes, ultimaker runs marlin native

You'll have to upload new firmware in order to apply it to a different movement mechanism. - I dont think so

What about number of sensors and types of outputs? - 3 driver, 3 sensors, same as ramps

Does it support your power requirements and number of powered parts? Yes, standart drivers, 5 driver spaces-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login