Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with Sprinter-Marlin switch

Posted by HADES 
Help with Sprinter-Marlin switch
August 05, 2014 03:29PM
Hi, well, I bought a mendel kit with Melzi board as electronics, I decide to switch to Marlin because my kit comes with wrong extruder calibration value and when I tried to correct the value I discovered that the firmware provide it's not the same as the stock on melzi...it won't do offline auto print from the sdcard.

Anyway, I've almost all working but with some issues:

1. I got a lot of connection issues with repetier-host, I need to disconnect/connect several times to be able to use the printer, this never happened with sprinter. I've been tried with 250000/115200 as baudrate with the same results.
2. When I plug the printer to the power source the nozzle hotend starts to raise the temp over 200º, like it starts with the hotend turned on. Meanwhile the hotbed starts at under 30º (ambient temp, I guess). On sprinter both starts with the temp under 30º. When I send a M104 S0 command the temp of the hotend starts to go down.
3. At printing job, just before start to raise the temp on the hotend it makes a very disturbing noise that didn't happen with sprinter. Google drive video: [drive.google.com] (1:30, 66mb) at 13s and again at 1:27, after that the printer starts to print normally.

I can live with this issues but worries me that could be symptoms of a config really bad.

Many thanks for waste a bit of your time on this.
I'm not a english natural speaker so sorry for the mistakes.

UPDATE: Added the sprinter config file.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2014 03:51PM by HADES.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (13.2 KB)
open | download - Sprinter_Configuration.h (17.4 KB)
Re: Help with Sprinter-Marlin switch
August 06, 2014 10:21PM
Any hint to start looking at?

Thanks.
Re: Help with Sprinter-Marlin switch
August 10, 2014 09:37PM
Ok guys, one hint at a time grinning smiley

Anyway, now I know from where comes the sound (#3)...the z-motors trying to push after reach the z-endstop...on my tests I can't do this, I mean, after reach the z-endstop if I try to push over the printer won't do anything. Cura puts this code:

G28 X0 Y0 ;move X/Y to min endstops
G28 Z0 ;move Z to min endstops
G1 Z15.0 F9000 ;move the platform down 15mm

So...how can avoid this?, on the configuration_adv.h I've:

//#define ENDSTOPS_ONLY_FOR_HOMING

And on the configuration.h I've:

#define min_software_endstops true //If true, axis won't move to coordinates less than zero.
#define max_software_endstops true //If true, axis won't move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below.

On the file I uploaded on the first post I had min_software_endstops false, I think that this should solve it but I try again and keep smashing over the bed.

for the #1-#2, the best guess I've now it is marlin takes a bit (about 4 minutes) to start?

Any input?
Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login