Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help with ramps electronics

Posted by steph4394 
help with ramps electronics
June 21, 2014 11:03AM
Hi everyone ! smiling smiley
I'm building my first 3D printer, a reprap (I found the reproduction and open source concepts really amazing! ) .
I almost finished the mechanical part ( I had some problems, but with good knifes and imagination, I managed to resolve them :p) .

For the electronic parts, I have a ramps 1.4 as shown on the picture. I wired everything except 4 motors and the heaters to test before final installation and calibration. For the alimentation, I used an old laptop power supply, 19,5V and 3,5A (without heatbed for now).
So I uploaded a repetier firmware, transfered it to the ramps and opened repetier host before connection.
Then repetier manages to connect, everything seems to be fine, I have a temperature curve. But here come my two problems : the temperature curve fluctuates between 170 and 190 °C ( I'm in France, it is not the temperature at all :p ) and the motor does not react when I try the manual deplacement, but repetier dos not tell errors...

Any idea???
Thanks for your help smiling smiley
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_1704 - copie.jpg (518.1 KB)
Re: help with ramps electronics
June 21, 2014 12:32PM
lets start with the temperature. have you well plugged the thermistor?
if yes ,did you modify the firmware to fit the thermisotr you have?
June 21, 2014 01:07PM
thank you for your answer smiling smiley

I tried to solder it again to shorts wires to test, and it still does not work. Concerning the firmware, I tested repetier and put 100K epcos for the thermistor ( I have a Honeywell 100K Thermistor 135-104LAG-J01). And I also tested with pronterface and chose 100k Honeywell thermistor 135-104LAG-J01. But still about 180°C... and it does not seem to change when I unplug the thermistor!
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_1705.JPG (534.8 KB)
June 21, 2014 01:17PM
I just retried with pronterface, same problem only it says 42,6 °C (instead of 25°C) and still no change when I unplugged(and reset). I read about 4,7 V on the thermistor, seems normal to me.
June 21, 2014 03:07PM
Are the Honeywell and Epcos 100K thermistors 100% compatible? If not, you will need to create a custom thermistor table in Repetier from the Honeywell thermistor's data sheet to get an accurate temperature curve.....
June 21, 2014 04:08PM
I don't think they're compatible, but to avoid creating a custom table, I use the marlin firmware which has my thermistor programmed, and with pronterface for a driver :p . But I have the same problem : the temperature does not fit the ambient one at all, and nothing changes when I unplug the thermistor... And pronterface does not show any error
June 21, 2014 05:20PM
that's really weird that different host says different values.... you should check if the thermistor work fine, by measuring it resistance at ambiant temp, and with a hairdrier blowing on hit, to see if the resistance change...
and note the valuessmiling smiley
if you have a thermometer with a bit of range, you can make a table ohm/degrees you have measured.
June 21, 2014 05:34PM
I don't have a thermometer... but I tested : at ambient temperature the thermistor has a 97kOhm resistance, and when I blow a hairdryer on it, the resistance fall to 50kOhm, seems to work fine ? smiling smiley
June 21, 2014 05:43PM
but still, the value seems obsolete as the temperature curve evolves the same way with the thermistor plugged or unplugged! :s
June 21, 2014 07:43PM
Did you try the thermistor on either of the other thermistor input connectors, to see if your firmware may be mis-configured to use one of the other ports and not T0?????
June 22, 2014 05:07AM
yep, and same problem, but with 3 curves : Ex 0 and bed fluctuate around 42°C and ex 1 is on 0°C whereas I plug only one thermistor, and no change when I plug it on the T1 or on the bed thermistor...
but the curves fluctuate as if evth worked ! And btw the ramps is correctly connected, and when I unplug the usb, pronterface stops
it's driving me crazy :p
June 22, 2014 10:25AM
Hi guys, I have some news ( good)
But I don't understand anything about my ramps!!! I restarted it with pronterface, same problems, nothing happens.
And then a new time I tried with repetier ( retransfered the firmware etc) . And it worked ! I cannot tell how I did this as I did not touch the wires, and it finally worked ( good temperature, changes when unplug , and motor works).

So thank you very much for your help guys.
See you soon on the forum ! smiling smiley
June 22, 2014 10:31AM
And If you have any question ( about what I could have done and apparently worked by luck :p) , don't hesitate !!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login