Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Building a Printer

Posted by htekin 
Building a Printer
April 29, 2014 04:55PM
Hi everybody,

I am newbie to this forum. I am trying to build a 3d printer with board. I had built the frame from plywood(picture added). Using Nema17 Stepper motors to drive axes. I am now on the electronic part of system and their configuration. I am having trouble with my electronic configuration. What should I do? How am I gonna upload program to my controller? and which program will I gonna use to print parts and how am I gonna config the program?

Thanks for your helps.
Attachments:
open | download - 3d printer.JPG (104 KB)
Re: Building a Printer
April 29, 2014 05:41PM
So let me get this straight...... you are going to use a single motor to drive the z axis and that whole axis will be attached to the x axis. That... is... neat.... I would be worried about wobble and whiplash because of the extra weight on just a single axis, but otherwise, it's interesting.

What do you have in mind as a extrusion method?

So, the don't to the grit of it. I have always had luck with Arduino Mega 2560, RAMPS and A4988 stepper drivers. One nice solid unit. I upload marlin to that and with a bit of tweaking you will be able to come up with something that moves and do some more tweaking you will have something that gives you nice prints.

Get the Arduino Gui
[www.arduino.cc]

Marlin Firmware... 'Download Link' on the right column at the bottom.
[github.com]

Use Repetier, it's my favorite at the moment, playing with Cura, but can't quite get it to.... always give me consistant printer connection results... don't know who's moody, the computer, software, the hardware. Anyways, I do use Cura to slice, and just copy over the Gcode.

Repetier - Comes with Slic3r
[www.repetier.com]

If you need help with setup, for picking what pulleys, belts, switch, bells and whistles just let me know. And Good luck.

Nice design. Seems limited on the z axis. Looking forward to seeing it built though.

Larsen -

Click here to login