Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

offset print

Posted by jasperash 
offset print
March 10, 2014 02:40PM
ive gotten alot of my printing issues hammered down, but now during prints it seems to just shift along the y axis about 4.8mm, sorry took pic with caliper set to inches

my belts are all tight, not making any odd noises while printing, i tried printing an i3 y corner, it made it like 10 layers up then shifted, this i3 carriage was sometime during the 2nd layer

im using my i2 running sprinter printing abs

any help is greatly appreciated
Attachments:
open | download - offset.jpg (44.2 KB)
Re: offset print
March 10, 2014 06:14PM
Have you had a look at the g-code? Are you using a long USB cable (I've had one of these introduce errors in prints)?
March 10, 2014 06:36PM
im not sure how to look back into the code, im more looking at probable pysical issues, at first i was noticing alot of wigglyness, my bed and build platform was starting to loosen up, i tightend that up and made sure my glass is clipped on securely.
watching the tool path on pronterface the machine thinks its going along correctly

the usb cable is only like 3ft long
March 10, 2014 09:11PM
What speed are you printing? It looks like missed steps. Also check the vref on your steppers.
March 11, 2014 04:22AM
and check your pulley is not slipping on the motor shaft.

March 11, 2014 01:50PM
I had a similar problem once and it turned to be the step stick.
It was working but every so many layers my y axis would just shift and i would get a nice set of stairs up the walls.

It was just one of those weird things where it was working but then would stall for a bit.
Put a different stick in and never saw the problem again.

Just my 2 cents
March 11, 2014 03:49PM
Appreciate the help, I got a printrboard tho sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login