Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bed Auto Leveling

Posted by zoltan 
Bed Auto Leveling
March 10, 2014 11:37AM
Is there anyone who implemented Auto Leveling with servo on Mendel with Meltzi board?

Thank you.
Re: Bed Auto Leveling
March 11, 2014 03:01PM
No implementation of auto leveling on reprappro Mendel?
March 11, 2014 03:19PM
I haven't seen anyone do auto leveling on a Melzi yet (the physical machine type, as long as it is cartesian, is largely irrelevant). It is most certainly possible though. You would follow the same procedure that you would with RAMPS, where the auto level switch replaces the Z min switch. The only difference is that you wouldn't be able to plug a servo directly into the Melzi, you'd have to separate the wires to hook up to 5V, GND, and signal pin. You would then just define that signal pin as the servo pin in pins.h.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
March 12, 2014 02:07PM
I have a prusa I3 6 in. I have servo installed, Z switch on arm, I jumperd the vcc and 5v on ramps and using first set of pins in the servo section on board I feel I am making correct changes in firm ware. but nothing ever works. I think I am not uploading it correctly.....I got maker farm prusa i3 ramps download with preconfigured ramps. installed and when I download merlin and make changes to config.h file what am I suppose to do with it? Put in the preconfig folder that makes printer work or upload all or what is process to flash it over? thanks
March 12, 2014 07:00PM
breakzeitgeist
I have a prusa I3 6 in. I have servo installed, Z switch on arm, I jumperd the vcc and 5v on ramps and using first set of pins in the servo section on board I feel I am making correct changes in firm ware. but nothing ever works. I think I am not uploading it correctly.....I got maker farm prusa i3 ramps download with preconfigured ramps. installed and when I download merlin and make changes to config.h file what am I suppose to do with it? Put in the preconfig folder that makes printer work or upload all or what is process to flash it over? thanks
Please start your own topic in one location. Do not spam multiple threads with identical posts.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login