Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do you shut off the heated bed in Repetier?

Posted by Maxx Mayhem 
How do you shut off the heated bed in Repetier?
March 03, 2014 09:58PM
I am using a very large silicone bed heater with a standalone PID controller. Would I just set the value in the bed temperature to "0" in the printer config? The controller lets me set the temp from the front of the machine... I am still looking at various units at various prices. The costlier ones seem to communicate, the more basic ones do not. My heater is coming with a thermocouple. Optionally, it is likely that I can talk to the RAMPS with the PID, but not the other way around. So I can let the Ramps know when I come up to temp, but not have a heater plugged in. Is this possible? This would likely be the optimum solution.Thanks.
Re: How do you shut off the heated bed in Repetier?
March 03, 2014 10:45PM
Think I found it... Set %ob to 0 in firmware??? (heated bed temp output) That way I could let it think it is heating the bed, when it's being heated externally?confused smiley
Re: How do you shut off the heated bed in Repetier?
March 04, 2014 11:50AM
OK, now this issue has got me to go digging around in the firmware, eye popping smiley and a number of issues and answers are coming to light. I'll talk about extruders in the build thread, but as for this item, my conclusion is that I will run the heatbed on a standalone pid controller, looped with a thermocouple, and then add a thermistor to talk back to ramps. The output to the heater will be set low and will operate a status indicator. That way the ramps is happy, and the heat bed is far more reliable, and accurate. This will make a difference in calculations, more than in real time operation, but the overall advantage far outweighs the cost. smoking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login