Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRapPro Tricolor won't connect via UBS

Posted by Gonetotx 
RepRapPro Tricolor won't connect via UBS
March 03, 2014 04:04PM
I've just completed the building of a new RepRapPro Mendel Tricolor (currently set up as only a mono) and am having problems getting it to communicate with my computer. I've installed a new Azteeg X3 Pro control board and am using a computer with Windows 8.1 system. The board is totally wired up with power supply connected. I have connected 12 Volts to the main power input as well as the other two power hookup points (#2 and #3 power input points). Voltage and polarity have been checked. I installed a jumper between the two posts for UBS "Input select". A micro SD card is installed on the board. When power is turned on, the extruder fan comes on but no leds light up on the board. When I connect the printer to my computer via a USB cable, nothing happens. No led lights on the board. No recognition on my computer of a connected device. I've tried two different USB cables with no improvement. I've downloaded all of the recommended software per the written instructions. Neither of the three fuses on the board are blown.

I'm at a loss as to what to check. Can anyone give me some suggestions/ help. I've had previous experience with a Printrbot Simple so have some familiarity with the equipment. Is there any known incompatibility between the RepRapPro Mendel, the Azteeg X# Pro and the Windows 8.1 that I'm not aware of? Maybe the board photos will uncover something.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions,

Gonetotx
Attachments:
open | download - photo 1.JPG (166.2 KB)
open | download - photo 2.JPG (189.9 KB)
open | download - photo 3.JPG (162.2 KB)
Re: RepRapPro Tricolor won't connect via UBS
March 03, 2014 09:04PM
Obviously I meant to say USB, not UBS. A little dyslexia showing through.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login