Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

clogged hotend remove plastic

Posted by soaring eagle 
clogged hotend remove plastic
February 26, 2014 08:06PM
No plastic would come out of the extruder so I took off the hot end from the wades extruder to see if I could manually push plastic though it and I could not so I heated up to 230 degrees (I'm using pla)and still nothing would come out so I took apart the Jhead hotend and I saw that thier is hard plastic right where the metal piece touches it so I turn the plastic sticking out of it around and the piece on the other side didn't turn so thier is 2 pieces of plastic stuck in it so I tried pulling the piece sticking out out but it would not come so I tried pushes it though and it brook right next to the hotend so know I have no plastics that I can grab anymore.
Re: clogged hotend remove plastic
February 26, 2014 09:31PM
A picture may help? Where did you get the J-Head from?

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
February 28, 2014 02:50PM
It sounds like you're going to have to disassemble your hotend and burn the PLA out of the brass nozzle using a blowtorch.
March 03, 2014 09:20AM
I got the jhead hot end from a seller on eBay or looks like all the other jhead hot ends. I was able to get that plastic out but every time I use the hotend and then let it cool back down I can know longer push it through. I can pull it out now but that is only because I took a piece of it off(it is the metal piece at the top with the blue on it) if I take the pdfe rod off of the but melt zone piece then I can freely push it though then when all the plastic is out I can put it back together and use it agian but when the plactic cools down it happens again.
March 03, 2014 09:21PM
soaring eagle
I got the jhead hot end from a seller on eBay or looks like all the other jhead hot ends.

Not all J-Heads are equal. The ones off of eBay are quite often poorly made, and will not print PLA well, if at all.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
March 03, 2014 10:19PM
id honestly buy a good quality hotend...

When i first started printing, I went through about 7 J-head clones, from the company i got the printer off. I almost threw the printer out...

after 12 months i went with a good quality hotend and have never had an issue with it...

my hotend issues caused me to rage and dream about smashing my printer into pieces..

Never again, dont waste your time with a cheap hotend, its like the heart of your printer..
March 03, 2014 11:54PM
Ok thanks where do you recomend buying one at and also I just found out during my prints after a while in on some of the longer prints it will stop extruding and no plastic will come out but when I stop the print and extrude some then I can see and feel plastic going through the extruder but nothing comes out the hot end sometimes when I stop it and extrude when this happens no plastic even goes though the extruder the Hobbes bolt just strip it away will this be fixed with a better hotend and if not how do you fix it. Thanks for all the help.
March 04, 2014 09:16AM
Get one from [e3d-online.com]
I have no investment in the company, just a happy customer smiling smiley
It's worth it to not have headaches over it, I've had a few of those dreams too
March 04, 2014 12:41PM
Ok thanks those hotends look great I wish I knew about them from the beginning but I think I'm going to see what else I can do before I spend the money on one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login