Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto Bed Leveling - help please!

Posted by iamnotachoice 
Auto Bed Leveling - help please!
February 19, 2014 05:42PM
Hey Reprappers,

I am trying to set up auto bed leveling on a vanilla Prusa i3 using the new Marlin firmware, a rc servo and a mechanical endstop.
The mechanical setup works, the wiring seems correct, the servo reacts to M401/M402 properly.
Also, homing the z-axis works (kinda works, servo lowers the probe, homing succeeds, but then is zeroed to 0 and not to the Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER from the config.h).

BUT when I hit G29, it does not succeed with the 3-point probing. What it does is
- lowering the probe
- then lowering the z-axis until the probe triggers
- Then it does not raise the z axis (as in defined in Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS)
- instead it just raises the servo probe, moves to the right, runs into the max endstop of the x axis, and then lowers the probe (as said, without performing the Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS) and then lowers the z-axis out of the bed area running into a crash if I don't trigger the endstop by hand.

I found many tutorials out there on how to set up the config file, but almost none on how to actually perform the probing, and if it's just showing s.o. hitting G29 and it just works smiling smiley
I am attaching my config file, thanks for any hint!
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (29 KB)
Re: Auto Bed Leveling - help please!
February 22, 2014 03:46PM
Make sure to home X and Y before doing the G29.
jhd
June 23, 2014 05:35PM
I have the same issue. Someone can help please? Thanx in advance

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog de GeeK: [www.zem.fr]
Reprap Prusa Mendel V2 pour 500€: [www.zem.fr]
June 24, 2014 04:58AM
Auto bed levelling stores some values in EEPROM which take president over the values set in configuration.h

There is no way to manually change these values individually via g/m code. What you need to do is:

1) Upload the new firmware with adjusted configuration.h
2) Turn on printer and send command M502, this loads the values from configuration.h into memory. Then send M500 to store these values in EEPROM.

It's best to disable EEPROM until you have set up bed levelling correctly. Hopefully this will be fixed in a newer version of Marlin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login