Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is the print center defined in firmware or software?

Posted by matrix4721 
Is the print center defined in firmware or software?
January 27, 2014 08:33PM
Hi, i apologize if this is a silly question but ive spent ages searching for the answer on the internet and have come up empty, basiclly i have an i3 with marlin firmware with a 200mm x 200mm print size, but to get to the center of the print bed i have to jog it 132mm on the Y axis and 104mm on the X axis, is there somewhere in the firmware to enter this value? im currently using repetier host and there is a setting to add these figures which seems to work but im wanting to try Cura after hearing good things about it but i cant seem to find the setting to input these values. Also my X endstop is set to MAX as it is located on the right,would this affect the print center settings?
Re: Is the print center defined in firmware or software?
January 28, 2014 01:03AM
I set my center with slicer.
January 28, 2014 06:10AM
thats how i did it aswell when using repetier host but there doesnt seem to be an option for doing that in cura
January 28, 2014 09:52AM
just had a thought, if i set the bed center in the firmware to be 0 0 instead of front left and then enter the values for the measurements from the center to the endstop and enter the figures into marlin (as shown below) it might work, any reason why this shouldnt work?
#define X_MAX_POS 104
#define X_MIN_POS -100
#define Y_MAX_POS 100
#define Y_MIN_POS -132
#define Z_MAX_POS 200
#define Z_MIN_POS 0
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login