Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best Nylon I have used yet!!!!!!

Posted by nechaus 
Best Nylon I have used yet!!!!!!
January 22, 2014 08:25PM
So I got some Nylon Filament from Bilbycnc.com.au 1.75mm Stuff under their special filament section on their site.

I had it for a number of months opened, Tested it on my bowden system when I first got it, it would find gaps and places to escape, put it aside for sometime...
Changed my system to direct-feed.. Worked on the 3mm ptfe liner on my buda, but it was leaking, Changed the liner to 1.8mm ptfe, Works consistently and perfectly for days and days until I ran out.

I am now in love with this stuff, Its a dream compared to taulman 618 and trimmer line that I was previously using.

Its extrudes as low as 200c But I found de-lamination was happening when not using a hpb, No warping at all tho
I used 240c No heated print bed, No de-lamination !!! awesome but some warping, Alot less than the usual that id expect from other nylons
Certainly no smell at 200c, noticed a little at 240c, But compared to taulman or trimmer line its hardly noticeable. PLA smells more than this stuff.

Overall I am so happy with this. I have printed a ton of bushings and small gears, The bushing I crunch with my pliers, No de-lamination, No cracking sounds, Just bends, Kinda bends back by itself after some time, No colour change in the bend joint. It can be twisted and abused and the stuff stays bonded.
This is the best Nylon filament I have ever used, Job well done to bilbycnc!! I also use all of their other filaments, All great quality and tolerances.

Here are some pictures,
The parts were done @ 40mms all round.., .5mm nozzle, .3mm layer height.. 240c
as you can see I have some kind of z wobble or something moving around on my printer, layers are not perfect, not the filament just my printer, I need to rebuild it.
Comparing some PLA parts and nylon parts out of the same printer
Top 3 photos had Dried Nylon
Bottom 2 photos was printed using very moisture absorbed filament.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2014 08:26PM by nechaus.
Attachments:
open | download - fanduct2pla&nylon.jpg (44.3 KB)
open | download - smallgear2pla&nylon.jpg (32.7 KB)
open | download - topview.jpg (44.2 KB)
open | download - bushingcrush.jpg (56.2 KB)
open | download - crush.jpg (77.3 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login