Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cura doesn't seem to retract when doing skirts

Posted by rogerclark 
Cura doesn't seem to retract when doing skirts
January 06, 2014 04:53PM
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to make Cura retract between different objects when printing the skirt(s)

I've just started printing 4 different items (brackets) at the same time, but as Cura doesn't seem to retract between the skirts for each object, I get trails of plastic across the middle of some parts.

Luckily I always look at the start of the print, to check its sticking etc, so I manually removed the skirts before the printing of the first layer got started, but it would be better if Cura did retraction while doing all parts of a the skirt as if the skirt was part of the object.

Or am I missing a something in the settings ??
Re: Cura doesn't seem to retract when doing skirts
January 10, 2014 02:48PM
I have the same thing happen, and I don't believe that there is currently a way around it. Thankfully, you can just leave them there--all that will happen is a few small strings to pull or cut off when the print is complete. It's not going to cause print failures. If it really bothers you, you can open an issue for it on Cura's github, but since Cura is under pretty active development, it may not be top priority. Or, if it was an intentional decision, daid will at least explain why it happens.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login