Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to start a Dual head for my MendelMax

Posted by Nununugent 
How to start a Dual head for my MendelMax
January 05, 2014 08:52PM
I am interested in expanding my MendelMax to a dual print head. I wonder if anyone out there has experience or if there are any tutorial pages I haven't found yet. I have two J-heads and my RAMPS 1.4 can take another extruder, so all I really need is the motor and head, and to figure out how to mount everything. I might have to redesign the carriage, anyone else out there do this kind of thing already and have some ideas/warnings? I am interested in two color, but mostly I want to print with desolvable print material.
Re: How to start a Dual head for my MendelMax
January 06, 2014 05:48AM
AFIK the MendelMax X carriage is the same as the Mendel X carriage, so finding a Mendel X carriage for dual extruders may do the trick.

I did a quick search and found this [www.thingiverse.com] (titled X-Carriage Mendel Max Dual Extruder - Lugs Pillow)

Looking at my MendelMax 1.5, I think that if you wanted to use Wade extruders, you'd need to mount the 2nd one 180 in Z to the original one, and you are likely to reduce you X build width.

I'm currently building a new machine (X Y cartesian) which will have the option of dual extruders, but I'm using the direct drive type, as it takes less space.
Re: How to start a Dual head for my MendelMax
January 06, 2014 10:29PM
Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login