Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder randomly changes polarity

Posted by MarkR 
Extruder randomly changes polarity
January 04, 2014 03:06PM
Hi there,
My Prusa i3 is running pretty nicely now thanks to the great people of this forum. However, I've got a weird problem with the extruder motor - each time I click extrude in Pronterface, the extruder motor changes direction. Any ideas why?
MarkR
VDX
Re: Extruder randomly changes polarity
January 04, 2014 04:42PM
... hmm ... maybe something with the assignment of the DIR-pin of the extruder?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 04, 2014 07:59PM
Each time? Is it very consistent, not random?

Yvan

Singularity Machine
January 04, 2014 08:34PM
Sorry I should have been more clear. It alternates consistently when clicking "extrude", as in click once it rolls clockwise, click twice anticw, but when printing it appears to move randomly, though I'm sure there's some twisted logic beneath it all.
January 05, 2014 12:00AM
Maybe you're using "relative extrusion" vs. "absolute extrusion" and pronterface is expecting the opposite? Try sending an M82 (i.e. set extruder to absolute mode) or M83 (i.e. set extruder to relative mode) and see what happens. I believe most interfaces are set to use "absolute" mode by default, although I prefer "relative" mode. The slicer and host software have to know what mode you have it in though.
January 05, 2014 05:14PM
A quick test would be to hook your extruder stepper to the driver for one of the axises.

I had a tb6560 driver act like that and was fixed by replacing the driver. I had my board powered up running XYZ test and calibrations without a motor hooked up to the extruder driver.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 05:15PM by Dirty Steve.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login